- Prior to use, Equiband® must be securely attached to the saddle pad via the safety clips and triglides
- Always ensure that each Equiband® is unclipped on both sides prior to loosening the surcingle or girth after work
- Examine Equiband® before each use, checking for tears or punctures that may cause the band to break.
- If the band appears flawed, cease use and discard immediately
- Store Equiband® away from direct sun and extreme heat or cold, in a dry area and away from sharp objects
- Avoid the use of sharp spurs directly over Equiband® – blunt spurs can be used, but rider leg position must be checked to ensure that there is no direct interference with the abdominal band.
- Only use soap and water to clean Equiband?. Do not use any petroleum-based products for cleaning.
- Allow Equiband® to dry completely before storage and re-use.
- Do not use with fly spray as some brands may affect band integrity.
- Equiband® will need to be replaced periodically. A spare band is provided with the full Equiband® system and additional band can be ordered here.
Equiband® should only be incorporated into ridden work when the horse is fully accustomed to the feeling of Equiband® (as outlined in the user guide). Carefully check the tension as over- or undertension of Equiband® will not promote the desired core strengthening effect.
Failure to take due care may lead to serious accidents or injury. Always wear a helmet when riding with the Equiband® system. Equiband® is not for use on horses with an undiagnosed lameness or clinical condition. When in doubt, veterinary advice must be sought.
Neither Equicore Concepts® nor any authorized distributor or retailer of the Equiband® system will be held liable for any personal accident, injury or damage resulting from the use of the Equiband® system. Full responsibility lies with the individual who chooses to use the Equiband® system for the horse under his or her care.
CARE OF YOUR EQUIBAND® SYSTEM
For optimal care of your saddle pad, Equicore Concepts® suggests delicate wash in cool water, with low tumble dry or air drying after washing.
The Equiband® bands can be washed with petroleum-free soap, and left to air-dry.
Do not leave bands exposed to full sun/extreme cold.
Do not use fly spray over the bands or over any area where the bands are in direct contact with the horse.
For best storage, roll (do not fold) the bands.